CENTRAL IOWA (Des Moines, Ankeny, Ames & Boone)
This position installs, repairs and maintains electronic equipment such as traffic monitoring devices, sensors, communications/networking equipment, CCTV, computers, industrial controls, audio and video systems, transmitters, and antennas. Ensure network security. Assist with design and maintenance of wireless radio system. WAN/LAN maintenance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In addition, the position requires up to 75% travel throughout the Central Iowa Region (Des Moines, Ankeny, Ames & Boone). Day and night work is required, including overtime hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Wireless radio installation and maintenance;
· Network security;
· Maintain WAN/LAN
· Converses with equipment operators to ascertain problems and cause before breakdown;
· Tests faulty equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction;
· Tests electronic components and circuits to locate defects;
· Replaces defective components and wiring and adjusts mechanical parts;
· Aligns, adjusts, and calibrates equipment according to specifications;
· Maintains records of repairs, calibrations, and tests and enters into computer;
· Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with Program Manager and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units;
· Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance;
· Analyzes and interprets test data;
· Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics;
· Checks functioning of newly installed equipment;
· Performs 24/7 on-call maintenance rotation;
· Works outdoors, independently or in group setting in all weather, year-round;
· Capable and willing to perform work at heights on pole(s)/tower, climbing via the safe use of ladders, or Safety Climb Systems and bucket trucks;
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSE
· Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, military training; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have and maintain a current, valid Driver’s License; Commercial Driver’s License is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
DTS offers generous pay and an excellent benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision, life/AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays and more!
To apply, visit our website at www.digitaltrafficsystems.com and select careers