Williamson County Sheriff's Office: Detention Division
- Must be at least 18 years of age and a citizen of the United States.
- Must have a high school diploma or it’s equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Must not have been convicted of, plead guilty to, or entered a plea of nolo contendere to a felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or municipal ordinances related to force, violence, theft, dishonesty,gambling, liquor or controlled substances.
- Must not have been released or discharged under any other than honorable conditions from any of the armed forces of the United States.
- Must successfully complete and pass a drug screen.
- Must successfully complete and pass a psychological assessment.
Applicants must be able to work various days and shifts. The main function of the
Deputy Sheriff (Detention) is to enforce all laws, maintain order and supervise the
inmates and their movements while detained in the Criminal Justice Center.