As a Guest Room Attendant, you'll maintain the design and beauty of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. A clean and polished environment lifts guests spirits and creates a friendly, comfortable atmosphere where they'll feel at ease. As you help create special moments for guests, you'll also be forming new friendships at work, building an extended family that enriches your life.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides exceptional, courteous, friendly service to guests and employees that differentiates us from competition.
- Clean and service approximately 12 rooms per day as assigned and instructed.
- Deep clean rooms on an as needed basis.
- Contact appropriate supervisor on guest related complaints.
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining balconies when requested.
- Assist in picking up extra rooms when requested.
- Use iTouch device to manage work assignments, report maintenance issues and guest preferences.
- Complete and return keys and report to supervisor.
- Maintain cart in a neat orderly manner at all times.
- Able to adhere to company and department rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assists employees within housekeeping department as needed.
- Promotes positive guest relations through prompt, courteous and efficient service.
- Perform related duties as requested.
Minimum experience or requirements:
- At least three months cleaning experience in a similar environment.
- Ability to work effectively with other departments, guests, and management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Basic computer knowledge to use hand-held devices.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Working knowledge of Housekeeping Department including safety and OSHA regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to present self in a professional, pleasant, confident and well-groomed manner.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma.
- Previous housekeeping experience in a luxury resort setting.
PHYSICAL, ENVIRONMENTAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in an office environment and throughout the property in all locations.
- Must be tolerant to varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination and air quality.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud.
- A casino environment typically allows smoking.
- Constant contact with executives, department management, applicants, Co-Stars and guests is necessary.
- Requires prolonged standing and mobility, up to 7 hours per day.
- Requires bending and reaching.
- Requires transporting, pushing, pulling, and maneuvering items weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Requires eye/hand coordination. Requires use of standard office equipment. Requires basic math.
- Ability to push and/or pull file cabinet drawers weighing up to 5 lbs.
- Requires the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Communicate directly and telephonically with guests and Co-Stars and read and write in English.
- Ability to and comply with Policies and Procedures, Job Description, daily memorandums, chemical labels (MSDS) and other instructions.