Want to be on solid ground in your career? Be a Ready Mix Driver! You can’t get anything more concrete than that! As a Ready Mix Driver you will deliver concrete to job sites following safety and operational guidelines; check concrete for quality and size according to ticket; and maintain courteous customer relations.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
- Deliver Ready Mix Concrete to the customer in a timely manner
- Maintain vehicle in a clean, organized, and safe fashion
- Perform minor roadside repairs
- Visually inspect mix, slump and verify load sized
- Work with customer to achieve maximum customer service
- Work closely with dispatch to ensure quickest and safest routes to jobs
- Assemble concrete chutes and operate chute controls during the pour
- Observe all safety precautions and rules specified by federal, state, and Company regulations including but not limited to: wearing property safety gear and attending safety meetings, perform pre-trip inspections, complete vehicle inspection reports, and report unsafe conditions and accidents
Minimum experience or requirements: *
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Valid Commercial Driver's License Class A or B
- Proficient reading, writing, and math skills
- Minimum of one-year vehicle road experience operating multi-speed transmission of a Commercial vehicle
- Good driving record
- Valid medical card
- Concrete knowledge and experience preferred
- Mechanical background or skills preferred
- Work Availability - Be available to work six days a week (Monday-Saturday) and occasionally on Sunday. Must be able to drive a maximum of eleven hours per day and work up to 14 hours per day as regulated by the Department of Transportation.
- Solid attendance and punctuality history
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to lift and assemble concrete chutes weighing 60 lbs.