Services and maintains Canon Solutions America supported cut sheet products and certain large format products in accordance with Service and Parts Standards to achieve efficiency and a high level of customer satisfaction. Diagnoses routine mechanical and system failures using established procedures and perform basic customer network installs. Unresolved problems will be escalated in accordance with standard procedures.
- Diagnoses routine mechanical and system failures, using established procedures for products on which you are certified.
- Services and repairs designated equipment, as assigned, to Canon standards and specifications and are successful on those repairs with support as required.
- Reports to manager product failure trends and serviceability issues with necessary supported documentation ensuring accurate information and record keeping.
- Meets customer demands by providing efficient, responsive and accurate Field/Shop/onsite repairs.
- Properly maintains all technical information, FSR's, Expense Reports and Canon property assigned.
- Communicates with supervisors and other departments, if necessary, regarding the solution of escalated technical and/or customer service related problem areas.
- Possesses good customer communication and satisfaction skills.
- Responsible for maintaining the performance of machines to which you are assigned as the primary engineer.
- Responsible for maintaining performance at a level which help to achieve the districts overall metric targets.
Typically requires general education and/or vocational training but little to no experience.
- Associates degree in electronics or electrical engineering capacity from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience.
- Possess a basic understanding of internet environments. Successful completion of the 120 day introductory period and completion of the PDIF new hire class.
- May require some travel (valid driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary.
- Must be able to work in a 24x7 environment, perform shift work and do on-call rotations (applies to those servicing PPS\LFS equipment).
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and be in a mobile activity more than 50% of the time (walking, standing, stooping/kneeling).