Position Title: Machine Operator EBM I
Supervised by: Shift Supervisor EBM
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Main Purpose of the Job:
To achieve and maintain company established goals in efficiency, quality and safety by following all procedures.
• Overall line responsibility from production to packaging
o Start / Stop the machine
o Performs parison controls
o Monitor Material control (weight distribution, regrind levels, watch tail lengths, etc)
o Performs regular quality control throughout the shift and visual quality checks
o Prepare machine for mold change
o Ensures goods are produced in correct quantity and in accordance with agreed specifications
o Accurately records goods produced and problems encountered during shift
• Assists Machine Operator II/Shift Supervisor/Mold Change Team with mold/color changes as needed
• Working together in a Team
o Ensures team works together as efficiently as possible
• Maintain good housekeeping in and around the machine and within department
The position description is not all inclusive and I may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum experience or requirements:
• Quality checks
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Technical/mechanical background in Plastics Industry preferred
• Basic computer skills
• Demonstrated mechanical ability
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and very occasionally to climb or balance.
• The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit.
• The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.