Controls and Facility equipment Engineer
Quality Metalcraft - Livonia
Provide Facility and Electrical support necessary to achieve daily production goals and technical support for all facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs a variety of engineering work and oversight in the manufacturing, installation, operation and maintenance of electric or electronic components in the facility.
- Order necessary components for the facility.
- Participate or lead projects of greater magnitude and scope. Possibly more than one at a time.
- Operate with considerable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Recommend changes in procedures and standards.
- Ensure that our vendors follow our Controls/Programming Standards.
- Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications at our facilities.
- Review progress and evaluates results.
- Reviews and approves vendor’s controls designs
- Provides control engineering expertise to our facilities as directed/requested
- Develop controls packages for metal processing and assembly equipment
- Maintain thorough familiarity with controls developments and new technologies in the industry which might be adaptable within our manufacturing operations.
- Participates in Design Reviews (Concept, 50% & 100%)
- Work in partnership with the Manufacturing Engineering Department to significantly improve the tooling, equipment and processes delivered to our facilities.
- Work in partnership with the plants to improve the overall operating performance of our facilities, through the identification and implementation of concepts/ideas that improve the overall operational performance of our plants and meet throughput commitments.
- Reduce the start-up, launch, Tryout (debug) time and cost of new tooling, equipment and process installation into our facilities.
- Drive new tooling & equipment to operate at our quoted or OEE throughput rate, whichever is greater.
- Apply world class continuous improvement principles to all our new tooling, equipment & processes.
- Participate/lead activities to develop standard for plant connectivity (Ethernet, data collection)
- Prepare proposals and authorizes cost estimates for future work.
- Overtime and weekends as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
Minimum experience or requirements:
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Preferred two year degree in Electrical Engineering with five years experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to use ingenuity and imagination to solve design production problems
- Industrial PLC and robot programming skills are essential
- Understanding of Industrial Power Distribution Systems (12kV – 480V)
- Understanding of Resistance Welding Processes
- Understanding of Laser Welding and Cutting Processes
- Understanding of Robotics (Material Handling, MIG, Spot Welding and Sealant Dispensing)
- Computer Literate
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Team Player, including cross functional/departmental.
- Normal office environment
- Normal shop environment, which includes travel to plant sites, tooling vendors & suppliers. Required use of personal protection equipment; hazards and conditions typically associated with a manufacturing environment