The Service Desk assists providers when they are inquiring about their Timesheet Status, Direct Deposit Enrollment, Change or Cancellation, and by providing basic Lien and Wage Garnishment information. It also provides support to recipients and providers that are using the IHSS Electronic Services Portal to register, enroll, submit timesheets, submit claims, update direct deposit, and more. Lastly, the IHSS Service Desk assist recipients that are using the Telephone Timesheet System (TTS) to review and electronically sign timesheets, or to reject a timesheet and record a rejection reason.
Primary responsibilities are related to inbound calls. Some outbound calling will be necessary for follow-up on customer questions that cannot be immediately answered. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Acts as primary contact to IHSS and WPCS providers seeking assistance and information.
- Handles all inbound and outbound telephone contacts in relation to IHSS and WPCS recipients and providers.
- Makes referrals to counties based on customer needs and according to program policies and procedures.
- Must maintain a positive image to the providers and recipients and all related entities and focus all actions toward customer service and satisfaction.
- Adhere to State provided phone scripts.
- Answers questions consistent with program policy and training guidelines.
- Protects all aspects of the client’s information and business. Maintains confidentiality of customer interactions consistent with program privacy and confidentiality rules.
- Answers questions related to PHD, ESP, and TTS Assistance Lines.
- Enters Service Desk tickets from IHSS and WPCS recipients and providers into ServiceNow.
- Functions positively in a technological and team-based environment.
- Makes suggestions for improvements throughout the business process.
- Follows all guidelines in compliance with security and privacy standards, inclusive of, but not limited to PHI and HIPAA standards.
- Maintains production/security protocols.
THIS IS A MULTI-YEAR CONTRACT POSITION WORKING 40+ HOURS PER WEEK - MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY - 8AM to 5PM
Minimum experience or requirements:
- Minimum 1 year call center experience or customer service experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word and Outlook).
- Must be able to type a minimum of 35 wpm.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work flexible work schedules if needed.
- Willing to work overtime if needed.
- Ability to multi-task navigating multiple systems using dual monitors.