The 2-1-1 Contact Center Specialist provides quality information and referrals and crisis intervention services to callers resulting in a positive caller experience. Calls range from general information and referrals to cases of complex social problems involving time spent in research, advocacy, and crisis intervention.
The 2-1-1 Contact Center Specialist takes calls on a scheduled basis that varies among first, second, and/or third shifts. Extensive classroom and on-the job training is provided.
Minimum experience or requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related field plus one year’s human services experience preferred, or Associate’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related field plus three years’ experience in human services required. Internship and volunteer experience is considered.
- Ability to handle a high call volume in a fast-paced contact center environment.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to simultaneously listen to callers, accurately enter call data via keyboarding, and toggle between databases.
Pay and Benefits:
- $17.00 per hour plus $1-2 per hour shift differential for 2nd or third shift hours
- Outright 8% 401(k) contribution (~$2,800 per year)
- 20 days of Paid Time Off per year - accrual begins upon hire
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of medical plan premium and deductible
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service