The Clinical Operations Float role is that of a system super user and a highly-trained, very capable staffing resource that can be deployed to any clinical operation in a back office or front office role, and be effective in that role enough to manage the daily requirements of said role. Additional responsibilities as a super user will include training, applying workflow redesign/development, and department-specific operational requirements.
This role will be expected to be effective at all front and back end operations in all of our service lines, and will be expected to provide support for super users and their operation as necessary, inclusive of template edits and building/blocking as required by the department Manager or Director.
This role will have a single accountable Manager, but may be required to be accountable to other managers or administrators when deployed to their site or in support of their operation.
Other notes: This role is expected to work efficiently and quickly in managing these multiple tasks and goals, and will not be allowed to incur overtime to complete these targets, unless prior management approval is obtained. Management will work with and support this role so that these goals can be met.
Challenges of this position include moving from clinic to clinic as work dictates. This position requires someone with a high degree of adaptability. Work is standardized and governed by operational procedures, instructions, financial policies and procedures, and standard practices.
Minimum experience or requirements:
Education, Licenses, Certifications and Experience:
- High School education or GED.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant and curriculum of certification or five (5) years of related experience.
- Current State Laboratory Certification if collecting and/or handling specimens.
- Current CPR certification.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English.
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer.
- Type 35 wpm.
- One year experience in an office setting, preferably in a medical office.
- Nevada Driver’s License in good standing and automobile insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, professional journals, business periodicals, and/or government regulations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Working knowledge of medical database computer programs and basic Microsoft office products.
- Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical concepts and interpret measurements.
- Ability to interpret and read documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to use electronic communications and internet resources.
- Ability to operate common office and medical equipment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. Knowledge of and the ability to comply with HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabet and maintain filing system accurately.
- Ability to use good judgment, apply reason, research information to assist in good decision-making.
- Ability to use good listening skills to discern priority of phone calls and questions by staff and/or patients, routes appropriately and timely.
- Ability to change sites frequently and adapt to different processes and people.
- Knowledge of medical records and consent laws.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, office procedures, ICD-9 and CPT codes, and the insurance industry.
- Skills for good customer service principles, creating a pleasant waiting room and working environment; and, skills to work in a team environment with continuous
communication with co-workers, patients, visitors.
- Skills to multi-task (e.g., answer phones, check patients in, data entry) and problem solve.
- Working knowledge of business equipment to include computers, multi-line telephones, fax, and copier, and ability to effectively use applicable software, i.e. patient
database system, time clock, insurance sites.