The Sales Trainer position develops, maintains and interacts primarily utilizing the phone and other forms of electronic communication to a broad scope of new and existing clients to increase sales of products and/or services. The Sales Trainer promotes the strategies designed to demonstrate the features and benefits of the products to achieve increased sales and profitability.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contact clients through, but not limited to, phone calls, email, mailings, and webinars to communicate opportunities to extend initiatives with the company.
- Match programs to customer requirements and close contracts for defined programs.
- Collaborate with marketing, support, community management, product management and account management to facilitate new programs, messages, campaigns, and offerings.
- Ensure reporting and communications is frequent and bi-directional.
- Generate New Sales
- Log at least ten (10) hours of talk time per week.
- Close ten (10) sales per month
- Know the importance of product knowledge.
- Follow the four (4) Steps to a Sale
- Initial Contact
- Build Rapport
- Follow Up
- Contact current clients at least once per month and update notes in our CRM
- Send a monthly Video of the Heart
- Write thank you and birthday cards to current clients
- Be Coachable
- Seek feedback from Director of Sales, Senior Sales Trainers and fellow Sales Trainers
- Participate in all sales training
- Send 1 recorded phone call to Team Leader for review weekly
- Turn in sales tracker to Director of Sales monthly
- Expectations from start date
- At the end of the initial ninety (90) day probationary period, you must have ten (10) current clients.
- At the end of your first year of employment, your goal is to have fifty (50) current clients.
- Third Year of Employment and Thereafter: Sales trainers goal is to have a minimum of one hundred (100) current clients by the anniversary of his or her third year of employment.
- Sales Trainers are expected to generate ten (10) sales per month after successfully
completing the initial ninety (90) day probationary period
- Any Sales Trainer who has been employed at least a minimum of one (1) year, who has not met the minimum current client requirement nor is meeting his or her monthly sales requirements, will be placed on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP). This is to assist the employee to attain his or her goals within a specified period. The PIP must be followed as written. Failure to adhere to the PIP will result in disciplinary action, up to, and including termination.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
- Organizational Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally have to lift and/or move packages up to 50 lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:55 am to 5 pm.
Employees in good standing may have the opportunity to travel to local and out of state sales training events.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
Minimum of two (2) years of inside phone sales experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Light housekeeping duties and assistance in various departments, as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.