Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of the Ink Technician is to perform the duties involved in mixing and formulating UV inks. These duties include cleaning machine, troubleshooting technological problems and maintaining equipment. Also will be responsible for record keeping of work completed and job history.
* Weigh, blend, QC, and deliver in a productive, efficient, and safe manner press-ready inks to meet the demands of the production schedule.
* Follow appropriate quality control and inspection process for inks to ensure quality to presses.
* Prepare and maintain accurate records including quality controlled( Techkon, recorded ink batch ticket in GFI dispenser library) finished ink getting out to press, to meet production dates per schedule, ink adjustments at press, the level of ink canisters on the dispenser and complaints as directed by the supervisor.
* Assist with job scheduling and ink estimations for jobs going to press.
* Assist with maintaining the work off ink process by regulating use and storage.
* Assist in the ordering process by reviewing the long term schedule to predict ink usage and identify any special orders (silk screen inks, blends, and coatings).
* Make sure that the office, equipment and floors are cleaned and properly maintained up to the standards the supervisor has put into place.
* Perform other related responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
* Review quality of product delivered to press for conformance vs. specification.
* Review raw materials and suitability of finished matches on press.
* Review suitability of press returns ink for recycle.
* Perform ink estimating for jobs going to press.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Higher degree in art or graphic design preferred.
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience in offset printing operations and prep work.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, good eye for color.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle potentially hazardous materials.
- Must possess high standards of personal integrity. Able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Previous experience as an Ink Technician.
- Ability to follow instructions to assist in operation and maintenance.
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail.
- Able to work overtime when needed.
- The ability to communicate orally and in writing in the English language.
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Positive attitude and good teamwork skills.
- Strong emphasis on the ability to identify set and review quality standards for customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, sit, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand for extended periods; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis.
2. The employee must possess clear vision, correct color perception and excellent hand eye coordination.
3. The employee must be able to lift up to 65 pounds on a regular basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold).
2. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be willing to handle and mix chemicals used in printing inks and cleaning.
3. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Non-Exempt Hourly - Regular Full Time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.