Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Summary: Primary responsibilities for the Maintenance Technician are to analyze, troubleshoot and maintain manufacturing and facility equipment. Utilize test equipment such as VOM meters, oscilloscopes, current clamps and other diagnostic equipment to accomplish the job. Utilize welders, soldering and brazing equipment, mills, lathes and other mechanical equipment to affect repairs. May help facility technician to run conduit, data and phone lines as necessary to support production. Assist in improving production processes and procedures as necessary to improve final product.
- Maintain and repair production and facility equipment.
- Read and interpret electrical, mechanical and hydraulic prints.
- Run air, water and drain lines as necessary.
- Perform PM procedures on production and facility equipment.
- Operate mills, lathes, welders and other equipment to perform repairs.
- Utilize PMXpert software program to work order parts and equipment for repairs and equipment PM’s.
- Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or other appropriate management personnel.
- Two or four year technical degree in electronics, mechanical or HVAC preferred.
- Three years minimum work experience in an industrial setting.
- Able to utilize and understand test equipment such as VOM’s, current clamps, oscilloscopes and other diagnostic devices.
- Ability to operate mills, lathes, welders and other equipment preferred.
- Good computer, math and reading skills. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be flexible and able to work any shift sometimes at short notice.
- Detail oriented, have good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to stand for a long period of time and lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate forklift and pallet jacks, scissor and boom lifts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb ladders and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Non-Exempt Hourly - Regular Full Time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.