Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Summary: Primary responsibilities for the Printing Lead are to assist Printing Manager and other printing floor management in the daily operations of press room. These duties may include assisting other operators, completing monthly inventory count of materials used in the printing process, and answering questions from operators on quality and other printing issues.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Direct and motivate personnel when needed. Re-allocate pressmen and feeders when special circumstances arise so press can continue production.
- Assist in creating production schedule. Adjust production schedule if jobs get pulled off press or last minute changes are needed.
- Identify quality issues at the press and make appropriate decisions to resolve them before going into production.
- Assist in training pressmen and feeders.
- Monitor press room for any safety related issues relating to personnel and machinery. Complete incidents reports as required..
- Run presses when needed to minimize downtime and overtime.
- Safely perform physical demands as indicated below.
- Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or other appropriate management personnel.
Prior press experience required.
High School Diploma or GED.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Basic computer skills.
Basic math and reading skills.
Ability to multi-task.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability for paying attention to detail (detail oriented).
Can complete task with little supervision (self-motivated).
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
Sit, speak, hear and comprehend
Stand for extended periods of time
Walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with
hands and arms on a daily basis
Lift up to 45 pounds on a regular basis
Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus and differentiate between colors
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to:
Variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold)
Moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards
Moderate noise environment
Additional overtime may be required with short notice.
A demonstrated commitment to safety is a condition of employment.
Non-Exempt Hourly - Regular Full Time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.