Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of the Silk Screen Operator is to perform the duties involved in screen printing. These duties include preparing screen printing stencils, mixing and loading ink, cleaning machine, troubleshooting technological problems and maintaining screen printing equipment. Also responsible for record keeping of work completed and job history.
• Printing with repeatable results, anticipating, recognizing and fixing possible issues with ink and press.
• Verify and follow all information on the job ticket before printing including ink color matching and verification.
• Quality checks throughout the run.
• Verify the proper quantity has been printed before cleaning and breaking down for the next job.
• Embark on the multi-step process of screen making which includes screen stretching, screen selection, degreasing, film emulsion coating, exposure and wash out as well as cleaning and reclaiming after printing.
• Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or other appropriate management personnel.
• Work overtime and weekends as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in offset printing operations and prep work.
High School Diploma or GED.
Higher degree in art or graphic design preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong attention to detail, good eye for color.
Excellent problem solving skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand for extended period of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Non-Exempt Hourly - Regular Full Time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.