Measures, cuts, applies, and layers composite materials to tools, molds, and mandrels using small hand tools to create composite parts under the direction of a supervisor or lead.
- Ability to learn and/or layup parts of simple to medium complexity. Learns and follows resident planning (work instructions) to measure and cut various prepreg materials to size using sheers.
- Learns and follows resident planning (work instructions) to apply and layer prepreg materials to molds and mandrels of simple to medium complexity.
- Strong attention to detail, good hand-eye coordination, and good manual dexterity are strongly needed to perform job correctly.
- Ability to use your hands with precision on small items and in small spaces. Must be quick and confident with hands to meet department and individual goals.
- Correctly documents relevant data for material traceability purposes.
- Ability to follow work instructions to ensure parts are made per customer requirements.
- Visual inspection of both parts and tools for damage or quality issue.
- Ability to cross train and accept additional responsibilities, including, but not limited to compacting and vacuum bagging parts.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Preferred Education andExperience:
- Technical education in composite related coursework.
- Previous work experience in composite material(s).