Local Company seeking Laser Programmer for 2nd shift in Thomasville
Plans numerical control program to control contour path machining of metal parts on automatic machine tools by performing the following duties.
- Analyzes drawings, sketches, and design data of part to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates.
- Determines reference points and direction of machine cutting paths.
- Computes angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures, and outlines sequence of operations required to machine part.
- Prepares geometric layout on graph paper or using computer-assisted drafting software to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths.
- Writes instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Writes program of machine instructions in symbolic language to encode numerical control tape or direct numerical control database to regulate movement of machine along cutting path.
- Compares encoded tape or computer printout with original program sheet to assure accuracy of machine instructions.
- Revises program to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
- Observes operation of machine on trial run to prove taped or programmed instructions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Scope of Responsibility
- This job follows standard practices and procedures, and is expected to accomplish work assignments with limited supervision.
- Computer/Software Ability:
Experienced with Auto-CAD
Experience with Microsoft office suite, particularly Excel
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Work is performed in a production environment where disruptions occur frequently.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com or call The Recruiting Specialist at (336)431-0326.