Welcome to Concordia at Rebecca Residence!
Come join the Concordia Family that was voted
Best Nursing Home in the Region.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Director of Nursing
SERVICE LINE: Skilled Nursing
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Assistant Director of Nursing serves as the primary support position for the Director of Nursing by assisting with day-to-day nursing activities. Responsibilities include assisting with staffing, management of nursing staff and related issues, making sure state/federal regulations are being met, monitoring QI/QMs and other indicators for quality, assistance with nursing policy & procedure creation, implementation, and education, implementing projects to enhance resident/patient care and services, and assuming the role of Director of Nursing in his/her absence.
- Dedicated to providing high quality care
- Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Caring and compassionate
- Graduate of an approved RN school of nursing
- Demonstration of leadership ability
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Works wells with people
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Director of Nursing in all areas of clinical oversight including admissions review, nursing schedule, nursing assessments, nursing notes, resident care plans, quality data monitoring and trending, EMR troubleshooting and making daily rounds.
- Ensures that all state and federal regulations are being met. Participates in mock surveys, survey preparation, and Department of Health surveys. Identifies potential areas of non-compliance, implements corrective action plans, and keeps the DON and Administrator informed.
- Ensures that all patients, families, and visitors receive exceptional customer service.
- Ensure that all nursing/ancillary staff are support on floor as needed.
- Assists DON as directed with all aspects of human resources management including hiring, coaching, counseling, motivation, recognition, training, building teamwork, performance evaluations, payroll approval and ensuring that there is adequate nursing staffing to meet patient/resident needs and budget.
- Develops staff education and competencies to maintain compliance with skilled nursing policies and procedures. Creates policies and procedures as needed, under the direction of DON.
- Assists in Safety Program including weekly fall rounds, disaster preparedness, as well as various drills. Also assists with and reviews resident, visitor, and employee incident reports.
- Strives to provide excellent customer service, resident/patient satisfaction, problem solving and service recovery to ensure residents/patients receive excellent quality of care and achieve their highest possible health and well being.
- Coordinates nursing service programs and operations with other department managers, service lines, and members of the interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, participation on various committees as suggested by the Director of Nursing.
- Serves as back up to Infection Control Coordinator
- Working as supervisor on the floor for 2 shifts per week as directed by the DON and/or Administrator.
- Assists with Omnicell medication reconciliation, medication destruction, and pharmacy reviews for passing of medications, reducing medications, and pharmacy cost containment. Focuses on reduction of medication errors, nursing education, and follow up.
- Commits to high ethical standards and complies with the Code of Conduct, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and Concordia policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of resident and employee records and information. Has a duty to report compliance concerns, significant legal risk questions, fraud, abuse, suspected or actual misconduct to a supervisor/manager or to the Corporate Compliance Officer.
We offer a competitive benefit package;
Health, Dental, Eye, and 403(b)
To apply at Concordia at Rebecca Residence, please visit or submit
Your application to:
3746 Cedar Ridge Road
Allison Park, PA 15101
Fax: (724) 444-6621
403(b)/401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Life Insurance Policy
Direct Deposit, Pay Card, Paperless Pay Checks
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Good Working Conditions
Excellent Staffing Ratios
Vacation, Sick & Personal Days
Discounted Child Care Services on the Cabot Campus
Voluntary Benefits, including: STD, Supplemental Life Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Accident Insurance
On the job training
Employee Assistance Program
Education Seminars and In-services
Employee Activities (amusement parks, professional sporting events, special events)
Tax Sheltered Annuities
Discounted Meal Plans
EOE Benefits and Wages may vary based on facility location.
Minimum hours worked per week/status may be required for certain benefit eligibility.