Come make a difference in someone's life!
Choose a career you love at Concordia of Fox Chapel!
Concordia at Fox Chapel is now hiring a Full-Time split daylight/afternoon LPN!
$2,000 Retention Bonus!
JOB TITLE: Charge Nurse (LPN)
SERVICE LINE: Personal Care
REPORTS TO: Resident Care Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Charge Nurse is responsible for the overall quality of nursing care/service on his/her shift, which includes the supervision of other professional and non-professional team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Administers medications consistent with resident support plan by identifying the correct resident, measuring vital signs if indicated by the prescriber’s order, removing medication from the original container, crushing or splitting the medication as ordered by the prescriber, placing medication in a medication cup or other appropriate container, or in the resident’s hand, mouth, or other route, and completing documentation.
2. Completes accurate, complete, and timely resident assessments, identifies resident needs, and plans, implements and evaluates nursing care.
3. Completes accurate, complete, timely, and legible documentation (paper charts and EMR).
4. Coordinates resident access to health care services under the direction of the resident’s physician by calling physicians, implementing physician orders, coordinating emergency care, completing re-writes, coordinating physician rounds, consults, and other services in Concordia’s continuum of care.
5. Supervises the care provided on the unit by monitoring quality of care/standards of care, monitoring Nurse Aide documentation, problem solving, coaching, counseling, delegation, and making sure there is coverage for call-offs.
6. Provides resident care, treatments and procedures. Assists nurse aides in providing activities of daily living and instrumental activities of daily living.
7. Communicates resident care information proactively and professionally to physicians, residents, families, and other members of the health care team to keep them aware of changes in the resident’s care plan, condition, incidents, needs, and problem resolution.
8. Prevents infections while providing care by employing adequate hand washing, adhering to all aspects of transmission-based precautions, and complying with all infection control policies and procedures.
9. Commits to high ethical standards and complies with the Code of Conduct, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and Concordia policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of resident and employee records and information. Has a duty to report compliance concerns, significant legal risk questions, fraud, abuse, suspected or actual misconduct to a supervisor/manager or to the Corporate Compliance Officer.
Job Type: Full-time