Title: Corporate Systems Support Tech
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Sr. Vice President IT
Subordinate Staff: None
Internal Contacts: Corporate Office and Store personnel
External Contacts: Technical vendor contacts
To support and administer corporate networking, servers, telephony, and other systems and technologies that support the company, and to provide support to the corporate office staff as needed on technologies such as PC hardware and software, printers, email, network connectivity, etc. Manage incoming help desk tickets and follow up and communicate status.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as first level I.T. tech support contact for the corporate office and log call details in ticket system
- Research, troubleshoot and test hardware and software solutions to resolve issues and assist in implementing new technologies
- Escalate support issues to more senior staff members as necessary
- Follow up on open tickets and communicate status updates to user community
- Tracking tickets for analytics/ trouble call trends
- Assist in setting up, configuring, and maintaining technology for the corporate office
- Serve as a backup to field technicians
- Provide technology support primarily to the corporate office, and to stores as needed
- Perform other tasks and special projects as needed
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate a personal computer, host computer and other general office equipment
- Communicate effectively in both, oral and written forms of English and Spanish
- Apply cognitive skill to research and resolve technology issues
- Take directions, carry out instructions, follow posted rules, and interact with coworkers
- Primary hours of coverage are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, with a standard one (1) hour lunch period and two (2) break periods
- Promptness and reliability are essential to operations.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Help Desk/Customer Service experience
- Positive team-oriented attitude
- Fluent bilingual English and Spanish language skills, written and verbal
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office
- Working knowledge and proficiency supporting office equipment such as printers, scanners, etc.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with networking and sever maintenance, communications concepts, hardware, and protocols
- Working knowledge of email and related technologies
- Working knowledge of VM Ware concepts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Server, Active Directory, VPN, and SAN management
- Working knowledge of POS/HOS systems concepts
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
Note: All job requirements are subject to possible modifications. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related Instruction and perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities to perform this job successfully; the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.