The Account Manager works with Adult and Dislocated Worker Career Seekers to develop job readiness skills which will enable them to secure and maintain gainful employment that will lead to a career. The Account Manager/Job Developer also assist the Business Service Manager and Career Advisors with building strong business relationships with Montgomery County employers to create career fairs and employment opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•Develop and maintain relationships with employers to generate job opportunities for our Career seekers
Work closely with Career Advisors to determine the types of jobs that match the skills and qualifications of our Career Seekers.
• Market job opportunities to Career Seekers through one-on-one meetings and on-site recruitment events
• Assist the Career Seekers with the development of personal goals and job readiness (Individual Employment Plan) which addresses potential barriers to employment and how to overcome them.
• Provide Career Seekers with self-directed employment referrals to companies that are hiring
• Coordinate with other agencies to assist clients and make appropriate referrals to address employment barriers.
• Network with community resources to provide services to address specific barriers customers must overcome to accomplish their employment goals.
• Consult with other staff, to promote customer goals and career related needs that will lead to self-sustainability
• Follow-up with Career Seekers who are not attending job interviews as required and provide support to ensure compliance.
• Enter all contacts with customers in MWE. Enter all services and make certain that all services have a case note attached.
• Print all case notes for the customers file.
• Enter services provided to the Career Seekers the same day or within 7 days of providing the services.
• File all documents related to services provided in the customers file, in the correct section of the file.
• Monitor and record Career Seekers progress to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
• Assist with maintaining hard copy case files, including documentation such as Career Seekers' personal information, eligibility and employment documents.
• Provide Career Seekers with labor market information that will help them to make better decisions about their select careers.
• Work with the Business Service Manager to develop 5-week On the Job Training (OJT) opportunities with local business and employers for Career Seekers to gain employment experience and build their resume.
• Work with the Business Service Manager to hosts employment workshops to assist Career Seekers with completing job applications, resume writing, how to dress for success and practice interviews.
• Call and email Career Seekers with unsubsidized employment opportunities as well as On the Job Training (OJT) opportunities.
• Provide Career Seekers with one on one pre-employment orientation before job placement.
• Match employment with training opportunities to provide Career Seekers with better career opportunities.
• Stay on top of all industries that are hiring and learn the needs of the customers by working closely with the Career Advisors, Trainer and Business Service Manager.
• Share employment information with the Youth Program Account Manager and work closely together with employers to provided effective service to the employers and our Career Seekers.
WORK AND EDUCATION EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.