Local Law 196 establishes Site Safety Training requirements for workers at most construction sites in New York City and equal access to all workers to receive mandatory training. Businesses must use a DOB approved training provider and train their employees. Once they have completed training and their employees have received Site Safety Cards, the business may apply for a reimbursement. For this component of the program, eligible new entrants into the construction industry can access cost-free training at one of the five Main/Hub Workforce1 Career Centers in each borough.
Job Description: Grant Associates Inc. is seeking a Construction Site Safety Training (SST) Instructor/ Proctor to deliver impactful training to Workforce1 Career Center candidates who are interested and eligible in obtaining their SST card. The Instructor will proctor the SST course, which is delivered online via Advanced Solutions Software, while providing instructional guidance, customer services, and individual assistance/coaching when needed. In addition to training responsibilities, the Instructor will be required to track all applicants, enrollees, completions, and card issuances.
Essential Responsibilities: The Proctor’s duties may include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Plan, prepare, and execute training strategies by facilitating classes, providing technical assistance, and/or individual coaching.
- Maintains complete and accurate daily and weekly attendance and punctuality records
- Reports urgent student issues such as inappropriate behaviors, academic and skills concerns, and attendance trends.
- Preforms other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Confirm identity of training participate
- Enter and track data files on participants
- Interact and troubleshoot with SBS for policy, technological, and customer service issues and inquiries.
- Create logins for trainees & retain their login information/password to ensure training is completed on-site
- Verify existing OSHA credentials for those that have them
- Understand content/knowledge of construction/safety
- Photograph trainees who complete the SST, for the safety card
- Coordinate card collection from SBS and distribution to Trainees at the Center
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of and ability to follow Agency and department policies and procedures;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (verbally and in writing);
- Ability to provide instruction to students with disabilities;
- Ability to teach subject matter by means of verbal, written and demonstrated presentations;
- Excellent classroom management and student support skills;
- Attention to detail, accurate recordkeeping skills;
- Strong platform skills (i.e. group presentation skills);
- Expertise in OSHA 30 standards;
- High School Diploma or GED, college degree preferred.
- OSHA 30 (Occupational Safety and Health Standards of the Construction Industry) teacher certification preferred
- Experience providing instruction in a one-on-one and group setting
- Ability to provide instruction in both English and Spanish preferred
- Five years of construction safety experience