Specialized Staffing Solutions is in search of an IT Assistant Manager for a customer in Naperville, IL.
This is a Temp to Hire position after 90 days:
- Manges a small IT team and reports directly to the Senior Director. Assists with the daily administration of a network/server environment. Monitors network and server performance and performs testing to provide diagnosis of issues and to assist with deployment of solutions.
- Installs upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Supports and enforces a disaster recovery, security, and backup and restore plan. Assists in other areas of the department as time permits.
- Manage a small team of employees.
- Configure and install Linux and Microsoft server technologies.
- Technical support in telecommunications equipment.
- Maintain data networks and servers; provide technical support to users, assist with the day-to-day operation of networks and servers, implement LAN/WAN maintenance and management procedures.
- Management and administration including system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, implementation, and user support
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form and explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to staff and prepare clear and concise written communications.
- Must have the skill and ability to read, interpret, and apply technical data processing manuals and related documents.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate a variety of activities and projects within an estimated timeframe
- Must have the ability to learn new software and hardware packages and adapt to changes in technology.
- Must be self-starter and be able to use own judgment to undertake activities with minimal supervision.
- Must be able work independently and as a team member.
- Any of the following is a plus: CompTIA, A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA, Crystal Reports, SSRS Reporting, Power BI Dashboards, Jira, EDI, XML, C#, C++, Java, Previous IT experience in a warehousing/logistics company.
Education and Certifications
- Four-year degree in Computer Science field.
- Industry certification for CCNA, MCSA, MSDBA or equivalent experience required.
- Must be able to carry and lift heavy boxes containing computers components, printer paper, etc.