We have both part-time and full-time opportunities in Allston, East Boston, Revere, Boston, Brookline, Everett, Dorchester, and South Boston.
Promote positive customer relationships by performing various duties necessary to complete branch customers' transactions and cross sell Bank products and services. Establish new accounts, products, and services for new and existing customers as needed. Represent the bank to customers with courtesy, friendliness and assurance. Ensure compliance with Federal and state laws and regulations in addition to Bank standard operating policies and procedures. Avoid violations, minimize risk and protect the bank.
- Process branch customers’ transactions; receiving and verifying deposits; mortgage and loan payments; disbursement of funds by withdrawal; cashing checks, strictly according to Bank policy and procedure, promoting positive customer relations by servicing the customer according to EBSB corporate and division and office standards.
- Assist customers in proper completion of account transactions and paperwork; review documents for accuracy and completeness. Prepare other negotiable items requested by customers such as; Bank checks; money orders; etc., within limits of authority.
- Access customer account records using the Bank’s teller software applications to respond to customer inquiries regarding accounts and transactions. Verify transactions and account balances and ensure that transactions are in compliance with Bank policy, state and federal regulations such as Reg CC, Reg DD, and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA). Understand and exercise customer identification procedures (CIP). Complete Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) verifications. Recognize when Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) are to be completed and filed. Refer unusual questions and account activity to supervisor.
- Explain and refer other Bank products and services to customers to build multiple relationships, and reach referral success goal monthly. Participate in product promotions by supporting office displays, presenting product information to customers, wearing promotional materials and providing other active support.
- Handle all cash under daily control, and maintain cash limits, accurately and strictly according to Bank policy and procedure. Accurately balance each day’s transactions and verify cash totals in order to complete daily settlement to verify accuracy of all work.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of bank products and services, standards and procedures through attendance at meetings, completion of training and participation in promotional events. Perform Sales & Service Representative responsibilities as needed or directed.
- Perform additional related duties as needed or assigned such as balancing automated teller machine; preparing night deposit bags; operating drive-up window; filing and scanning records; proper and safe procedural response to robberies, and acting in the capacity of a Senior Teller with the required training.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6+ months previous work experience, especially in customer service
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to operate PC and peripheral equipment
- Ability to accurately process bank transactions including but not limited to cash deposits, withdrawals and transfers
- The ability to count money accurately and distinguish denominations
- Skilled in exchanging information through verbal or written cues
- Ability to resolve difficult or challenging customer issues
- Education pertaining to studies that include banking fundamentals and accounting
- 6+ months cash handling and sales experience
- Multilingual capabilities, multicultural perspective
May be exposed to, or the victim of bank robbery.
East Boston Savings Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and the strength it creates. The bank recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, military service, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law.