Assist with supervising the operation of a full service banking office with deposits of $100 million or more including customer service, staff supervision, personnel administration, security and maintenance, sales and business development, cumulative cash control, data processing (service bureau) and computer equipment operation.
- Assist in planning and development of branch operations, and supervise branch office in absence of Branch Officer.
- Open and close the branch daily as assigned, monitor continuous operation of branch equipment and security systems, and supervise maintenance of office equipment and physical appearance of office.
- Perform various daily and periodic cash management duties such as monitoring reserve cash including daily settlement, distribution and collection from tellers, complete cash flow analysis worksheets, order and ship cash when necessary, balance ATM daily, coordinate consolidation of daily work and branch settlement, assist staff in locating and resolving errors, perform audits and random cash audits.
- Schedule and assign branch staff to ensure adequate coverage and performance of various branch functions, and assist in performance evaluations.
- Train branch staff in technical duties, security procedures, product knowledge and bank policies and procedures. Monitor compliance. Support sales program by coaching, training and reviewing staff performance and goal attainment.
- Serve internal and external customers alike, providing courteous, prompt support and follow through to all. Provide by example a positive role model for subordinates.
- Collect and maintain records of cash items and recommend items for charge off.
- Relieve and substitute for other branch staff, including Tellers, Sales & Service Representatives, Safe Deposit Specialist at assigned office.
- Assist with all required monthly audit reports as well as ordering and disbursement, recording and issuance of various checks, passbooks and new account numbers.
- Prepare various regulatory reports such as large cash transactions, audit reports and others.
- Interview applicants for all types of loans within limits of authority: provide product counseling as appropriate
- Participate in staff and Bank wide meetings.
- Maintain adequate inventory of all supplies.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Associates degree or its equivalent in related training and experience
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible banking experience, enhanced by strong skills in operations, on customer service and sales
- Proficiency in common office software as well as banking databases
- Multilingual capabilities and/or multicultural perspective
- Previous supervisory experience
DEGREE OF INDEPENDENT ACTION
Issues requiring further interpretation, clarification or exception are brought to the Branch Manager.
Direct Reports: Operational supervision for a given shift. Assistant to Branch Officer with authority to give performance counseling and to draft performance reviews.
Much work is performed seated, but there is a moderate amount of walking, bending, stooping and lifting associated with filing and other routine tasks. Manual dexterity and visual acuity are needed for frequent PC use. Critical thinking skills and the ability to form articulate and communicate thoughts persuasively.
East Boston Savings Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and the strength it creates. The bank recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, military service, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law.