As a Data Entry Clerk, you will:
- Transcribe, verify and enter alpha and numeric data from tax returns, on computer.
- Review documents for specific requirements necessary for processing. Processes current year and/or prior year individual and/or business returns and related information.
- Bring documents into compliance with the required format or initiate action to obtain or clarify information not otherwise available.
- Identify and properly route correspondence (e.g., letters, powers of attorney, etc.) to appropriate function for processing.
- Prepare documents for scanning.
- Perform original entry, character identification, and/or data validation functions.
- For GS-2: 3 months general experience or high school diploma/ GED.
- For GS-3: 6 months general clerical experience; or 30 Semester Hours (SH) or 45 Quarter Hours (QH).
- For GS-4: 1 year general clerical experience; or an AS/AA Degree or equivalent (120 SH or 180 QH); or 1 year specialized experience in bookkeeping or accounting; or a combination of education and experience.
Other Requirements :
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and/or Naturalized Citizen.
- Must provide two forms of ID.
- Background clearance is completed for all new employees.
- Selective Service Registration for males born after 12/31/1959 is required.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Training
- Paid Sick/ Vacation
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Supports Education
- Free Secure Garage
- Free Public Transportation Subsidy Program
IRS Kansas City is hiring Long-Term, Full-Time Seasonal positions including Tax Examiners, Data Entry Clerks, and Clerks. Apply at USAJobs.gov and search the job, then Kansas City. Need more information? Call our Recruitment Team at 816-499-4900 or email at W&I.KCRecruit.SP.Hiring@irs.gov.