Cleans and prepares guest rooms and public areas by meeting established standards of cleanliness and propriety to assure guest satisfaction. Housekeepers handle light cleaning needed for the upkeep of the hotel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver clean linen to housekeeping staff throughout hotel and collect dirty linen.
- Collection and disposal of garbage from hotel.
- Work on cleaning and other maintenance projects as assigned by Housekeeping Manager
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Cleaning and sanitizing toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and sinks
- Washing windows
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets and rugs
- Tidying up rooms
- Reporting any necessary repairs or replacements
- Other duties as required.
- Clean guest rooms as assigned, including, but not limited to, making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting and vacuuming
- Change and replenish bed linens, towels and guest amenities, as needed
- Perform deep cleaning tasks, as needed
- Stock, maintain and transport housekeeping supply cart on a daily basis
- Dispose of trash and recyclables
- Respond to special guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Perform guest turn down service, as needed
- Keep all hallways, public areas and closets clean, neat and vacuumed
- Restock housekeeping cleaning cart for next day's use and replenish chemical bottles
- Report all missing items from room (i.e., irons/boards, hair dryers, etc.) to Housekeeping Manager
- Report any maintenance repairs immediately to Housekeeping Manager / Engineering
- Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the standards
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction
High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
Ability to work various shifts, weekends and holidays
Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Ability to stand during entire shift.
Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
Ahern Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer