High School Diploma/GED required and Bachelor’s Degree and two years experience with individuals with developmental disabilities in a vocational setting preferred. Ability to train individuals with developmental disabilities in a work setting required. Valid driver’s license is required. 21 years or older.
Provide supports and counseling necessary to facilitate vocational success for individuals with disabilities.
- Provide vocational supports and services that may include: intensive onsite job training, counseling with individuals about vocational/emotional/social needs, motivating individuals to achieve their goals, reinforcing positive behavior, encouraging peer interaction, communicating with families, worksites, and other support staff, and deliverance of all services as needed.
- Provide transportation with Agency vehicles for individuals to community-based sites as need dictates. May be required to use personal vehicle or utilize transportation to various locations as needed.
- Facilitate the workflow at employment sites by supporting individuals to work efficiently, learn job tasks of those being supported, observe and assess progress of individuals on site, and help maintain timesheets and/or other records as necessary.
- Provide training in vocational and soft skills that may include: travel training, job applications, resume building, interviewing, emotional coping skills, social skills, and safety in the community.
- Maintain liaison with employers, ensuring their satisfaction with work performance.
- Maintain liaison with Job Developer when indicated (i.e. during job development stage).
- Complete all documentation requested in a timely manner such as case notes, observations and assessments, interviews, staff action plans, and mileage logs.
- Present at all times a professional image to businesses and the community at large.
- Complete and stay current with all trainings as required or mandated by CMCS or NY State.
- Work in concert with team of Job Coaches to ensure coverage of services for all individuals.
- Maintain a flexible schedule dependent upon the needs of employers and individuals.