MSW or other masters level degree in a related field such as psychology or counseling. Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Three years of supervisory experience preferred. Experience in Child Welfare required & experience with TFFC programming, OMH systems preferred.
The Program Supervisor provides supervision, consultation and direct back up to program Case Planners and Behavior Specialists. TFFC Clinical Supervisor will be responsible for the overall day-to-day functioning of his / her team within the TFFC program and ensures compliance with agency & ACS requirements. Additionally, the supervisor will assist the assistant director in the overall operation of the TFFC Department as needed.
- Provide regular casework supervision to assigned TFFC caseworker & behavior specialist and maintain an open door policy regarding supervision.*
- Ensure timely review, submission and professional quality of all program specific paperwork.*
- Ensure that a professional environment is maintained in the office.*
- Ensure all staff performs all of their job responsibilities in a professional manner.*
- Participate in clinical peer supervision meetings facilitated by Clinical Services Director. *
- Ensure that all staff adheres to agency & Administration for Children’s Services policies and procedures.*
- Provide clinical training and teaching to TFFC staff, child’s discharge resource and foster parents as needed. *
- Ensure that proper consents are in place for treatment.
- Ensure that all the mandates for psychotropic medication are met and that providers are informed of ACS and Agency policies and procedures re: psychotropic medication.
- Offer consultation to caseworker for engaging the child and significant adults (e.g. parents, foster parents) in the treatment process.
- Ensure that proposed treatment plans are consistent with identified needs, and with the permanency planning goals.
- Obtain and review treatment plans for quality assurance, identifying impediments to treatment progress and need for Agency follow-up.
- Complete Quarterly Treatment Plan reviews for all cases and enter into Connections.
- Provide feedback and consultation to caseworkers and facilitate information sharing with provider agencies.
- Facilitate transfer to a different level in continuum of care as needs arise..
- Make field visits as appropriate to community resources, family & foster parent homes.*
- Work in collaboration with the agency departments and relevant community resources.*
- Program Supervisor participates in 24-hour on-call backup for all TFFC staff.*
- Assists as needed with the facilitation of monthly Support Meetings for Treatment Parents , weekly Team Meeting Sessions, staff meetings, clinical conferences, strategic planning sessions, incident reviews, training & other functions as required by the TFFC program.*
- Facilitate unit meetings on a regular basis to address pertinent TFFC issues.*
- Ensure TFFC staff members participate in required & relevant ACS training.*
- Will provide crisis intervention & post discharge services as needed.*
- Participate in relevant meetings within both CMCS & ACS.
- Ensure the timely notification t the MCHU at ACS when hospitalization occur.
- Timely completion of employee job performance evaluations.*
- Availability for evening & weekend appointments, meetings, training classes, crisis intervention or other program related events.*
- Ability to travel throughout NYC area & use public transportation as necessary.*