High School Diploma/GED required, Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Human Services preferred. Food Handlers Certification required. Bilingual in Spanish preferred. 2+ years working with similar population preferred. Valid and clean Driver's license is required.
The Cook is responsible to plan, coordinate, prepare, and assist with proper serving of meals and snacks for residents. Consideration of client needs and cultural norms, in adherence with predetermined guidelines must be followed.
- Within the frame work of the approved guidelines for operating.
- According to nutritional and sanitary standards set down by the Federal government and the Department of Health.
- Prepare menus.
- Prepare, cook and supervise allocation and packing of food.
- Oversee assignments, schedules, routines and work practices of staff and volunteers in the following area: food preparation, cooking, storage, and organization of refrigerators, freezers, pantry, cabinets, shelves, and the overall sanitary conditions of the kitchen.
- Enforce food sanitation rules and regulations.
- Take responsibility for security of kitchen equipment and supplies.
- Prepare a daily list of all items needed from stockroom or stores, and submit to business office.
- Meet with the MRCs to review general food services program operations for the ensuing week.
- Receive and store food supplies and related items.
- Maintain accurate inventory records to ensure correct use and distribution of supplies.
- Assist and participate in center nutrition experiences and workshops.
- Keep cabinets, refrigerator and stove, clean and orderly.
- Wash and sterilize all food service dishes and utensils, and maintain security over the same.
- Attend in-service training on nutrition and other related topics.
- Observe and evaluate children’s reaction to foods served to make appropriate adjustments in the menu.
- Participate in nutrition committee activities.
- Perform all job duties/paperwork for the Hayden program.
- Perform additional food service-related housekeeping chores and other related duties assigned by the Assistant Director/Director .