Position Overview: The part-time Psychiatrist, in close collaboration with the Lead Clinician(s), VP of Division of Immigration Services and US Program Psychiatrist, will ensure that the residents in the US program are provided with the appropriate mental health services to ensure the minor’s mental health and emotional stability in the program.
• Is responsible for the initial psychiatric evaluations of any minors in need; prescribing psychotropic drugs in accordance with the policies and procedures of Psychiatry Department; retains responsibility for continuous follow-up of each case and required testing.
• Assists the clinical and case management team in developing a treatment plan for the minor.
• Interprets the assessment plan and clinical formulation to the treatment team in the US Program.
• In crisis treatment situations, ascertains whether or not a minor needs psychiatric hospitalization or other type of special psychiatric treatment and coordinates such special treatment plan with the community hospital or agency.
• Knowledge of the content of the ORR/DUCO Policy and Procedures Manual.
• Required licensure as a psychiatrist in New York State.
• Knowledge in Child Development, Psychiatric Assessment and Psychopharmacotherapy.
• Spanish fluency preferred.
• Ability to manage and promote a therapeutic environment, taking into account the varying clinical needs of each UC.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Valid New York State Drivers license.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Knowledge of ORR/DUCO Policy and Procedure Manual.
7 hours per week; FULL Friday hours only
Recruiting a diverse workforce-eoe