This is for a temp position. The employee would not be directly employed by the Orange County Sheriff's Office; therefore there are no agency benefits included.
Enters information into and maintains various data bases and files. Receives and verifies paperwork and supporting documentation. Reviews records to ensure accuracy and completeness. Retrieves appropriate records and data upon request. Utilizes records to complete reports and provide information.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Good work history.
- At least 18 years of age
- U.S. Citizen or possess a current permanent resident card
- Accredited high school or GED diploma (cannot accept a certificate of completion).
- Clean criminal history; any arrest history will be individually evaluated.
- No illegal drug usage within the past two years, all other usage will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- Must be able to be FCIC/NCIC certified within one (1) year of accepting position.
- Must have basic computer skills to include work processing, spreadsheet, and data base applications.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task within established time-limits (e.g., simultaneously handle multiple phone lines and perform data entry with minimal errors).
- Ability to present a positive image in person and over the phone.
- Must possess good interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work well with all types of people, from the general public to convicted criminals.
- Must possess basic problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to provide information and services to citizens.
- Ability to receive and verify paperwork and supporting documentation as well as review records to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to perform other clerical duties as needed, such as sorting mail, filing, typing routine correspondence, memos and reports.
- Ability to answer phones; greet and log-in on-site visitors.
- Ability to maintain general security and inspection of the building, remaining observant for anything suspicious.
- Ability to write criminal reports for walk-in victims and complainants of significant and major crimes.
- Ability to submit reports and supporting paperwork to the State Attorney's Office for prosecution.
- Ability to ensure submitted packet meets standards set by the courts, the State Attorney's Office, and the agency. Notify deputy or deputy's supervisor when standards are not met. Act as liaison between attorneys and deputies.
- Ability to assist the general public; collect money, issue receipts, maintain an accurate financial record of collected fees; verify and sign citation corrections; fingerprint and/or evaluate prints; performs notary work; accept subpoenas and Notice to Appears.
- Ability to take in weapons for probation and injunctions occasionally (only after sworn personnel have ensured weapons are unloaded); package and place into evidence locker; release weapons.
- Ability to testify in court hearings about work performed.
- May be reassigned to any Records/Identification Unit that has Records Technicians as needed.
Applicants with body ornamentation (tattoos) shall not have any visible body ornamentation on the head, face, and neck area, which includes the visible skin while wearing a collared uniform shirt with an unbuttoned top button. Employees shall not have any visible body ornamentation located on the hands which is defined as the area from wrist to fingertips; however, a tattoo simulating a wedding ring on the ring finger of the left hand will not be considered excessive as described herein. Applicants are encouraged to read the agency body ornamentation policy before applying.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative but not inclusive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be offered to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be offered to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is generally performed in a standard office setting. Depending on assignment, may be required to occasionally work outside. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Depending on assignment the employee may be required to work evening shifts. Shift times may vary.