This position is responsible to efficiently perform all tasks related to warehouse operations in a safe and professional manner. The position is responsible for providing accurate paperwork and record keeping. The incumbent must have the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and comprehend work flow process as well as following all company rules and policies. The associate may be asked to perform multiple tasks at different times within the warehouse/distribution environment.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: Some or all of the below duties may apply in varying
degrees to the specific open position. Associate will cross train and/or work in any function within
warehouse as needed to meet business demands.
1. Safely work around moving equipment, including motorized material handling equipment, hand
trucks and carts and moving rollers, as well as meet physical requirements of the job.
2. Adhere to all Eckler Industries Inc Company Policies including Employee Handbook, including but
not limited to Attendance Policies.
3. Prepare and maintain records as required.
4. Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives within the Department.
5. Assist other team members as needed or as instructed by your Team Leader or Supervisor.
6. Load and unload product ensuring proper handling.
7. Pick, Pack, Box or Receive products. May include sending out or receiving in of products from
customers or vendors.
8. Process customer returns, records information accurately.
9. Prepares Kits (multiple parts combined for one order) at customer request. Is able to follow series
of instructions in sequence to ensure accurate orders are compiled. Ensure high quality accurate
handling of all materials and products at all times.
10. Ensure accurate inventory by recording all transactions in accordance with specific policies. Also
participate in annual inventory.
11. Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
1. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience in a warehouse/distribution center environment is desired.
3. Able to read and understand written instructions.
4. Strong team attitude.
5. Able to perform basic tasks on computer/kioski, and other warehouse equipment, including scanners, tape machines, etc.
6. Proficient in basic math and US standard measuring system.
7. Has basic understanding and is able to use sound judgment to read and interpret documents.
8. Knows how to safely and proficiently use basic hand tools.
9. Must be able to correctly complete all required process documents.
10. Has the ability to effectively communicate, understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
11. Experience using powered lift equipment is beneficial.
Ability to lift and carry over 40 lbs frequently. Able to push pull over 60lbs. Ability to stand, sit, stoop, bend, walk, reach, squat, kneel, push, and pull for long periods of time. Able to climb a ladder and flex the upper and lower body. Must be able to read and write simple statements. Able to analyze, memorize, and conduct and comprehend simple mathematical tasks. Be able to make decisions and have sound judgment.