GENERAL OVERVIEW OF KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The individual occupying this position will assist assigned clients in gaining access-needed resources such as medical, social, educational, and any other needed supportive services. This position will report directly to and supervised by their assigned BETCM Supervisor.
2. These functions are directed at specific outcomes for the benefits of the persons served and should follow the priorities listed below in assisting persons in meeting their needs;
3. Organizing and bringing to bear the natural supports available to the person through family, friends, neighbors, etc. when the persons needs cannot be met through these means;
4. Organizing and bringing to bear resources available in the local community and generic service providers. When the persons needs cannot be met through these means, then
5. Obtaining specialized services through available mental health treatment and rehabilitation services and facilities. This includes service providers who specialize in servicing several different disability groups such as the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation.
ESSENTIAL & CORE FUNCTIONS:
1. (85 %) of the targeted case manager’s time will be spent on the following consumer/collateral activities;
2. Assessment of consumer’s history and present life situation with consumer input in order to develop a service plan.
3. Advocacy efforts o improve services, eliminate stigma, resolve problems, etc
4. Provisions of supportive counseling to consumers, their families and other caretakers.
5. Informal Support network building
6. Assisting consumers in identifying, accessing and learning to use community resources appropriately to meet his/her daily living needs.
1. Referral and linking with appropriate services as specified in the treatment/service plan.
2. A minimum of 15% of the BETCM Case Managers time will be spent in the following types of meetings/paperwork activities;
3. Documenting consumer/collateral contacts
4. Monitoring of service/treatment and service planning meetings
5. Participation in individual and /or group supervisory meetings
6. Participation in treatment and service planning meetings
7. Participation in staff or DBH/MR approved training
8. Completion of DBH/MR Client Assessment Battery, State Client
9. Outcome forms and surveys to assist impact of the County’s
10. Comprehensive Case Management Plan
11. A minimum of 50% of the BETCM Case Managers time will be spent out of the office in direct client or collateral contacts.
12. BETCM Case Managers will have 24 hour a day, 7 days per week on-call responsibility and must be accessible to supervisor, via cell phone, within a 15 minute response time to provide emergency/crises care. In addition, on-call BETCM Case Managers are required to make face-to-face contact with consumer and Crisis Response Center in the event of a possible hospitalization within 1.25 hours of the initial call.
PREREQUISITES & QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
PLUS a minimum of one (1) year experience (paid or unpaid) in a human service field. This experience must involve direct contact with individual receiving services (i.e. coaching, teaching, case management, etc.)
Or must be a Registered Nurse or;
Any equivalent combination of training and experience as approved by the Agency and OHM guidelines.
Ability to speak English and Spanish fluently required.
Must have a vehicle.
1. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
1. Basic Understanding of mental illness, treatment, and the local mental health delivery system
2. Ability to work with challenging consumers needs
3. Ability to treat consumers with respect and dignity
4. Ability to communicate with very level of the agency and maintain effective working relationships with associates.