NewCold is growing at a rapid pace and we have an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Manager to help drive our growth! As a Commercial Manager you will be responsible for managing existing accounts and new account development for cold storage warehousing and logistics transport services.
What you will be doing:
The primary purpose of this position is to act as the commercial business partner to the Customer & Business Development, Operations and Finance teams to drive optimal
1) Customer service perception, through customer meeting, reporting, presentation activities, and co-management of tactical and strategic continuous improvement.
2) Profitability through Customer development on logistics profile and customer mix optimization, pricing, effective management of the logistics services contracts with our customers and in the process ensuring identification, assessment and management of commercial risks and opportunities
Related to the Lebanon, IN warehouse and transport activities, and the North America Region.
This position is a key member of the Customer & Business Development Team in North America and is required to work collaboratively within and across the wider Regional organization, its Warehouse and Transport Operations to ensure commercial objectives are met, as well as alignment of activity with business plans and strategic initiatives.
This includes thought leadership supported by robust analytics, to drive decision making to achieve results. This accountability extends to performance management to ensure customer service perception and return on investment and overall profitability and on-target performance of the business is optimized. Specifically, this involves insights from data analysis, including identifying opportunities and applying commercial acumen to ensure timely and robust decision making.
This role will require the ability to challenge commercial aspects of the business to drive and improve business performance, actively collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders.
1. Provide commercial support to warehouse operations leadership team through customer meetings, reporting and tactical and strategic continuous improvement initiatives.
2. Partner with business development on new customer opportunities related to the warehouse and transport operations.
3. Drive the customer solution development and implementation, in line with the customer’s expectation. Where the execution of the solution design and implementation is a collaborative process between the Commercial Manager and other internal and external stakeholders.
4. Provide commercial support during the forecasting and Annual Operating Plan process. Ensure Annual Operating Plan plans reflect agreed strategies to deliver financial targets.
5. Where required, support business development on the financial evaluation of RFP opportunities. This includes impact on asset utilization, operating and capital cost recovery and profitability.
6. Actively collaborate with the wider finance team to identify opportunities to maximize asset utilization.
7. Provide advice on key commercial terms in the preparation of contracts, and actively participate in contract (re)negotiation.
8. Monitor performance against plan and budget and recommend risk management strategies where performance is behind plan.
9. Ensure new investment proposals are appropriately supported by sound business cases with supporting financial information.
10. Champion NewCold’s US strategic direction, inspire and motivate teams to lift performance and work together towards clear team and individual goals that help deliver strategic objectives
11. Through recruitment, coaching, development, performance management, talent and succession planning, build the people capability required to deliver sustainable performance
12. Lead and role model NewCold’s values Support executing NewCold’s marketing and PR initiatives related to Lebanon, IN and the Region.
What you bring to the table:
4+ years of 3PL or Food Processing Logistics industry experience (cold storage preferred)
Strong background in managing large high-profile customer accounts
Successful experience expanding existing accounts and new account development
NewCold is service provider in cold chain logistics with a focus on the development and operation of large, highly automated cold stores. By offering advanced logistic services worldwide, NewCold strives to be crucial in the cold chain of leading food companies. We use the latest technology to empower our people, to handle food responsibly and to guarantee food safety in a sustainable way. We challenge the industry, believe in long-term partnerships, and deliver solid investment opportunities that enable next generation logistic solutions.