Why join the Silco Family?
Click the link below to learn more about who we are here at Silco:
Brand New Cincinnati & Columbus Facilities
• Everyone has a stand up desk
• Fitness Center (Cincinnati)
• Gourmet Coffee Bar
Fun Culture with a Family Feel
• Top Workplace Award Winner
• Many Social Events with Family Often Included
• Frequent Contests & Games
Investing in People
• 60 Jobs Added in 2020-2021
• 15 Managers Promoted from within during 2020-2021
• State of the Art Training Center Constructed in 2021
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Paid Time Off + 8 Paid Holidays
• Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, FSA, and more!
• 401k with Generous Match
We are excited about your interest in becoming part of our expanding family! Since 1959, Silco has been focused on Protecting People & Property. Silco is Ohio’s market leader in the Fire & Security industry. We hope we piqued your interest to consider a career at Silco. Check out our YouTube channel and take a moment to view our Google reviews to learn more.
Silco Fire & Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Silco is a growing, family owned and managed business since 1959. Silco has over 330 employees spread across the state of Ohio in five offices serving from Cincinnati to Cleveland.
Our company was named a 2020 Top Work Place by the Cincinnati Enquirer. Our Top Work Place status is attributed to our consistent growth and keeping the family feel throughout time. While having the opportunity to serve over 25,000 customers, we are rapidly innovating the Fire Safety and Security business.
If you possess a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed – we would love to hear from you! For more information on Silco Fire and Security, please visit www.silcofs.com/careers.
“QUALITY IS PARAMOUNT”
It’s our most important core value at Silco. Starting in 2022, we will begin a new evolution in our quality driven program and hire a dedicated Hood Suppression System Quality Control Inspector. This inspector will have experience in all aspects of the Kitchen business, will be based in Columbus and travel to all 5 branches customer base. The inspector will perform qualities all day every day to help with continual improvements to our work.
- Position will report directly to the Training Director.
- Company lettered vehicle will be issued for business use
- Expected hours of 7:30a-4:00p M-F
- Hourly compensation based on experience (plus lead fees)
- Experience is a plus but is not required. Training will be provided.
- Participation in monthly training programs for new hires.
- Assistance with SOP development and training thereafter
- Laptop and Ipad for access to customer database and upload of QC’s
- $35 Cell phone reimbursement
QC’s will be turned in weekly by end of Friday and a report will be distributed to managers of employees that were QC’d that week. A running tally spreadsheet will be on the shared drive to be filled out which will provide access to view quantity of QC’s performed by Tech as well as score card of Good QC’s vs. Bad QC’s.
Bad qualities will be discussed with Manager to be immediately remedied, as well as logged weekly for record keeping.
The QC Inspector will provide consultations with techs and suggested follow up training to the technician if needed. Follow up training will be determined by a combination of the QC Inspector, Training Director, Service Coordinator and Manager.