Why join the Silco Family?
Brand New Cincinnati & Columbus Facilities
• Everyone has an adjustable work station.
• Fitness Center (Cincinnati)
• Gourmet Coffee Bar
Fun Culture with a Family Feel
• Top Workplace Award Winner
• Many Social Events with Family Often Included
• Frequent Contests & Games
Investing in People
• 60 Jobs Added in 2020-2021
• 15 Managers Promoted from within during 2020-2021
• State of the Art Training Center Constructed in 2021
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Paid Time Off + 8 Paid Holidays
• Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, FSA, and more!
• 401k with Generous Match
We are excited about your interest in becoming part of our expanding family! Since 1959, Silco has been focused on Protecting People & Property. Silco is Ohio’s market leader in the Fire & Security industry. We hope we piqued your interest to consider a career at Silco. Check out our YouTube channel and take a moment to view our Google reviews to learn more.
Silco Fire & Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Silco is a growing, family owned and managed business since 1959. Silco has over 330 employees spread across the state of Ohio in five offices serving from Cincinnati to Cleveland.
Our company was named a 2021 Top Work Place by the Cincinnati Enquirer. Our Top Work Place status is attributed to our consistent growth and keeping the family feel throughout time. While having the opportunity to serve over 25,000 customers, we are rapidly innovating the Fire Safety and Security business.
If you possess a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed – we would love to hear from you! For more information on Silco Fire and Security, please visit www.silcofs.com/careers.
As a Fire Protection Technician, you will be responsible for inspecting, servicing, and installing pre-engineered restaurant fire suppression systems, exit and emergency lighting, and portable fire extinguishers. If you do not currently have an Ohio Pre-Engineered license or Portable Fire Extinguisher license, you will receive up to 2 months of training and will be required to pass the Pre-Engineered and Fire Extinguishers state certification exams and prove proficiency within those 2 months.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Technical and mechanical knowledge, aptitude, and interest
- Successfully passing sate certification exams and proving proficiency within required timeframes
- 1 year of relevant experience preferred, but not required
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English
- High school diploma or GED with 2 years mechanical or electrical experience or technical training
- Valid Drivers License with a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report
- Ability to lift heavy items periodically
- Successfully passing a pre-employment drug screening and background check
40k to 50k, Silco has annual compensation raises based on merit.