International Imaging Materials, Inc. (IIMAK) is an industry expert and one of the largest North American manufacturers of thermal transfer ribbons, which are used in a wide range of high growth markets including bar coding, thermal fax, color computer graphics, security authentication and digital glass decoration. IIMAK’s global operations have over 1,000 employees worldwide, and are headquartered in Amherst, New York. IIMAK headquarters is located in Amherst, New York and we currently have opportunities to join IIMAK as a Converting Operator.
- This position is an opportunity to demonstrate manufacturing aptitude and positive behavioral attributes in a production capacity, with the intention of developing skills for potential career growth into higher level manufacturing jobs within the organization.
- Continuous safe and efficient operation of one designated slitting machine model and/or specific product family, to include set-up, operation, change over, troubleshooting and routine maintenance.
- Continuous safe and efficient packing, shrink wrapping and spooling responsibilities.
- Perform daily audits and accountable for quality.
- Maintain accurate and legible documentation.
- Daily equipment/tool inspection and accountability.
- Monitor equipment status and communicate issues to Lead and Supervisor in timely manner.
- Communicate equipment, product quality and job status to oncoming shift.
- Other converting tasks as directed, such as Auto Relief Operator for breaks and lunch.
Qualified Candidate Should Possess:
(qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the job)
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a manufacturing or production environment preferred.
- Previous operation of slitting and/or spooling equipment a plus.
- Ability to learn to safely and efficiently operate mechanical equipment.
- Ability to complete all tasks in a cooperative, positive and timely manner.
- Willingness and flexibility to achieve department goals and overall group performance.
- Good math and reading skills, ability to interpret specifications and standard operating procedures.
- Possess positive interpersonal skills to perform effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to alter work schedule as needed for training and skill development.
- Basic computer skills for data entry, label printing and machine control panel operation.
- This position will be assigned to tasks within the Converting Departments according to the day’s business needs, to fill in for call-offs, vacation slots or duties deemed necessary by the shift supervisor.
Candidates must be able to work any of our 24 x 7 shift schedules with the current openings as follows:
We are positioned to offer an attractive compensation and benefits package to match this opportunity. If interested in joining a dynamic organization with global presence and applying for this career opportunity, please apply online at www.iimak.com/careers.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, IIMAK is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.