Duties/Major Functional Responsibilities
- Follow all preferred work methods, safety policies and procedures per company guidelines. Ensure work area is safe and report any unsafe conditions and/or acts immediately.
- Review work schedule, obtain supplies required to perform the work and prepare for operations. Perform a safety check on pallet jack / forklift to be used and insure that all other safety devices are functioning properly. Put on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear.
- Meet required productivity and accuracy standards per location and company guidelines.
- Place pallets on pallet jack and operate along assigned multi-level racks and locate products according to order sheets.
- Manually place the appropriate stock items on pallet from pick slots and racks as required. Use single and/or double pallets as directed.
- Transport completed palletized customer order to shipping dock staging area. May be required to shrink-wrap pallet for staging.
- Perform general housekeeping duties and keep warehouse area, loading dock and trailers clear and clean as required.
- Remove batteries requiring recharging, replace with charged batteries, or attach re-charger and complete vehicle inspection checklist. At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 6-12 months warehouse and/or distribution work experience
- Must be able to work the scheduled / assigned times and required overtime for the position.
- Able to stand, walk, reach and lift repeatedly throughout shift
- Able to lift and stack product between 10-35 pounds and up to 80 pounds occasionally throughout shift
- Able to work in multi-temperature environments, i.e. cooler, freezer and dry
- Pass pre-employment drug test
- 1-2 years warehouse and/or distribution work experience using a forklift
- Food-service distribution or related industry experience
- Electric Pallet jack certified