- Provide assessment of patients’ psychiatric and medical status.
- Administer medication and medical treatment as prescribed by physician.
- Participate in treatment planning as a member of interdisciplinary team.
- Assess, direct and intervene in crisis situations.
- Initiate and document special treatment procedures.
- Provide and direct milieu management.
- Document nursing care, treatment and patient’s response to treatment.
- Provide health education to patients.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient’s medical records.
- Attend mandatory training and in-services.
- Participate in the implementation of Nursing Department policies and procedures.
- Provide exceptional Service Excellence!
Best candidates for this position will have behavioral health experience, a strong work-ethic, and highly consistent timeliness and attendance!
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
Preferred: BSN and ANA Certification.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION:
Licensed RN to practice in Texas
Required: Nursing experience providing direct patient care.
Preferred: One year inpatient behavioral health work experience and one year medical/surgical nursing experience.