Do you have a Valid Class B commercial drivers license with air brake endorsement, current DOT card and a good driving record? Morey's Seafood is seeking a delivery driver to join our Golden Valley team.
OBJECTIVE: Deliver products to stores accurately and safely. Pick up product at airport. Load trucks for delivery/pick-up. Count and stock incoming products. Pack product.
Morey's offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program which includes 401(K) Matching, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Legal and Theft, Employee Recognition and Wellness Programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliveries to customers; must ensure all products ordered are delivered in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure that all product deliveries meet customer and Company standards, to include accurate and timely completion of all necessary paperwork
- Accurate and timely product pick-up as needed
- Assist in loading trucks, ensuring that all items needed are loaded and that trucks are loaded properly to maintain product quality and ensure ease of unloading at destination
- Responsible for notifying manager of any customer/vendor concerns or problems that may arise
- Maintain truck and equipment, including pre-trip vehicle inspections, documentation and immediate reporting of any needed repairs
- Ensure that vehicle is maintained, cleaned and operational at all times
- Assist with warehouse duties, including assisting couriers, working in coolers/freezer and general cleaning
- Consistently practice and support all safety rules and guidelines
- Be flexible and assist in other areas of the company as needed/requested
- Must be self-motivated and be able to handle multiple priorities at one time
- Must be able to represent the Company to customers, vendors and general public in a consistently reliable and professional manner
- Must be flexible on work hours
- Driving knowledge of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and airport
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent follow through on documentation and procedures
- Must have good problem solving skills
- Skill in operating 26,001+ lb. straight trucks
- Ability to safely lift 75 lbs. on a regular basis
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class B commercial drivers license with air brake endorsement, current DOT card and a good driving record
- Must participate in all drug/alcohol tests and physicals, which are mandatory by the DOT
- Must have experience driving commercial vehicles
Consists of driving to various towns/cities and businesses. May drive in rain, snow, etc. Deliveries consist of dock-to-dock loading and unloading and also hand-to-dock loading and unloading. Consists of concrete floors, cold, wet and damp surroundings. May have odors of fish.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour