Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs a variety of packaging equipment and machinery and printers to support distribution and packaging operations. Diagnoses problems and recommends solutions.
Key Result Areas:
- Repairs facility electrical, vacuum, mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Performs mechanical calibrations and alignments.
- Printer set up and labeling software and formatting. Wireless printer operations.
- Applies related knowledge to test and/or modify operational machinery and control equipment and circuitry.
- Performs preventative maintenance on multiple systems.
- Accurately completes daily maintenance reports.
- Assembles and tests motor-control devices, switch panels, transformers, generator windings, solenoids, and other machinery related equipment
- Responds to maintenance requests in a timely manner.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies to accomplish job results without waste.
- Uses knowledge and experience to resolve basic operating problems; reports other problems to Supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Follows safety policies and procedures; reports unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
- Work involves constant standing and walking and frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Work involves exposure to dirt, dust, noise, fumes, odors, electrical hazards, and hazardous materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Takes initiative, and follows through on promises; accepts responsibility for mistakes; protects confidentiality; voices disagreement with tact; accepts & implements change.
Internal & External Customer Service
Exhibits cooperative behavior; anticipates customer needs & initiates service in a timely manner; exceeds service expectations at all times.
Communicates verbal & written information in a clear, concise manner; invites contact and listens with respect; responds to voice and email in a timely manner.
Arrives at meetings and appointments on time; interacts well with various personalities; shares resources; supports team decisions; contributes to team projects when asked.
Possesses current industry & job knowledge; is organized & efficient; demonstrates effective time management & multi-tasking skills; makes decisions in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years related experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision. Flexible - able to quickly shift priorities as needed.
- Able to work from verbal and written instructions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.