Drives dump trucks and other vehicles, and performs general labor duties on asphalt and concrete patching crew.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes driver's checklist completely by start time.
- Practices good, safe driving skills in all operating conditions, following all vehicular safety regulations. Spreads gravel efficiently; spots truck into box, paver, and Lee Boy; places asphalt as directed. Drives straight and correctly. Makes sure loads are secured. Uses spotter while backing up.
- Keeps the truck clean inside and out on a daily basis.
- Reads map book and gets to job sites and to material sources in a timely manner.
- Completes all required paperwork correctly and submits to foreman in a timely manner.
- Loads and unloads equipment in a safe manner.
- Ensures truck is fueled every night.
- Performs non-driving, general labor work as needed, and on a regular basis. Shovels, rakes, rolls, and operates equipment.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations and practices preventive safety measures. Wears required PPE daily.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum experience or requirements: No PDF*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge and ability to use GPS devices.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or G.E.D. Experience driving at the Class A CDL level.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Class A CDL with a good driving record; must be insurable by the Company’s vehicle insurance. State of Washington Flagging and Traffic Control Card within six months of employment; CPR/First Aid card within one year of employment.