Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in asphalting and concrete patching on an assigned crew. Ensures crew’s annual profit goals are successfully met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes work to get the most productivity out of the crew.
- Checks plants for materials.
- Oversees jobs ensuring the work is done properly and to AA's highest quality standards. Checks all work for quality periodically and at the end of the job.
- Completes all related paperwork correctly and on time, by the following morning, with few exceptions: work orders, timecards, accident reports, log book, tailgate meetings, signs request for quality control. Will communicate in writing if unable to complete any of these tasks.
- Prepares each site by reviewing the plans, subgrade, drainage, fine grading, compaction and paving.
- Must be able to perform all aspects of the job and train others in all aspects as well.
- Ensures compliance of all safety rules and regulations in all operations. This includes flagging and truck and equipment operations. Practices preventive safety measures.
- Communicate via email with Director of Operations regarding complete / non-complete requests.
- Supervises crew on site.
Minimum experience or requirements: No PDF*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and safety guidelines.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate and report effectively.
- Aptitude in math.
- Strong problem solving skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Minimum one year experience supervising work crew in asphalt and/or concrete work or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Class A CDL with a good driving record; must be insurable by the Company’s vehicle insurance. State of Washington Flagging and Traffic Control Card within six months of employment; CPR/First Aid within one year of employment.