- Ensure the store is in compliance with all company programs to optimize their sales opportunities.
- Communicate sales programs to their store team and monitor implementation to achieve sales and profit goals.
- Monitor competitive activity and report pertinent information to the VP of Operations.
- Create use of effective displays, tie-in merchandise and sign-work that meet company standards
- Ensure Departments are merchandised correctly for seasonal/holiday product sales.
- Focus on Consistent in-stock store conditions especially at peak sales hours.
- Focus on Ethic Merchandising based on store demographics.
- Partner with Vendor to increase sales and margin.
- Monitor same store sales and department sales to past year.
- Monitor financial performance of the store, identify trends and opportunities.
- Analyze sources of inventory shrink and recommend corrective solutions within company guidelines.
- Manage profit and loss through gross and net margin, special reductions and shrink control.
- Monitor and control expenses including supplies, repairs, GL/WC, utilities, bags and cart controls.
- Monitor and ensure compliance to Gov’t. regulations and company standards and policies.
- Maintain sanitation standards in the store and surrounding properties.
- Ensure proper receiving, storage, presentation, and product rotation.
- Initiate/Supervise equipment maintenance, repair and replacement.
- Ensure store security procedures are in place providing a safe environment for customers and employees.
- Control store keys and keep the store secure at entrance and exits when not in use.
- Oversee new hire interviews and evaluations in addition to following company’s progressive disciplinary
as needed following the terms of the contractual bargaining agreement.
- Conduct performance evaluations on store team members and provide effective feedback.
- Open door policy and daily team Communication.
- Interact daily customers to provide assistance and resolve issues.
- Promote a high level of customer service by promoting role model leadership.
- Foster excellent community relations.
Minimum experience or requirements: *
Ability to speak effectively before customers, employees