The Supervisor, Analytics, position will oversee activities in support of performance management related to the CMS Star Ratings program and will serve as the lead for monthly dashboard reporting, analyzing trends, projecting year-end results, and keeping the organization informed of performance status. Responsibility includes supervision of team members and providing oversight to ensure consistency and accuracy across products and clients.
- Manages staff to ensure accuracy and timeliness of monthly reporting deliverables.
- Subject matter expert for dashboard reporting, including training and providing on-going support to team members.
- Establishes work priorities and assigns work to team members to ensure deliverable deadlines are met.
- Independently create PowerPoint presentations for executives and clients to communicate performance and analytic results
- Executes function/area objectives that support continuous improvement.
- Responsible for special projects and/or problem resolutions.
- Provides effective and efficient solutions to complex business problems.
- Provides high level oversight and leadership.
- Promotes the professional development of assigned staff.
Directly supervises exempt and non-exempt staff in accordance with company policies and applicable Federal and State Laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, effectively interviewing, hiring, terminating, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; supporting and encouraging the engagement process.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
Minimum experience or requirements:
Bachelor's degree in a related field. Master's degree in a related field preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
Five (5) years’ experience of progressive responsibility in a related environment with demonstrated technical knowledge that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required. One (1) year of supervisory experience in a related field required.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Ability to work under general direction.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency and interest in working with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of data languages such as SAS and/or SQL
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy is required
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities simultaneously to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters
- Ability to effectively interface with employees at all levels
- Extensive experience developing reports and presentations in a clear and simple format for all levels within the organization, including executive leadership
- Strong data visualization skills and significant creativity required to develop accurate, memorable and usable presentations
- Experience executing in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of FACETS, PORTICO, and MIPRD systems as well as HMO population
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to data analysis and problem solving
- Knowledge and experience with CMS Star Ratings program is a plus
- Must demonstrate leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise professional and non-professional staff and interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work with and empower others on a collaborative basis to ensure success of unit team.
- Ability to effectively exchange information, in verbal or written form, by sharing ideas, reporting facts and other information, responding to questions, and employing active listening techniques.
- Ability to effectively present budgetary and/or cost information and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects, and meet necessary deadlines.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Travel may be required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.