Employee is a part of the Harford County Sheriff’s Office sworn public safety team. Employee will be assigned to the Harford County Detention Center with primary responsibility for maintaining security and custody of the inmate population. Employee will respond to emergencies inside the facility, investigate incidents and transport inmates inside and outside the facility.
Minimum experience or requirements:
- Graduation from a high school recognized by the Maryland State Board of Education or possession of a GED certificate recognized by the Maryland Board of Education.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and a U.S. Citizen.
- Valid Class D or Class C non-commercial driver's license with no more than three (3) points and a relatively clean driving record.
- Must have no criminal convictions on record.
- Must pass a physical agility test and a written examination.
- Must pass comprehensive background investigation and criminal record check; medical exam with drug/alcohol screening; polygraph exam and psychological screening.
- Must appear before and receive a favorable recommendation from an Interview Board.
- Most possess a history and exhibit the characteristics of honesty, reliability, integrity and interpersonal skills. Any criminal convictions and/or arrests may be grounds for disqualification.
- Visible tattoos are permitted if they are not offensive, indecent, extremist, racist or sexist. No visible tattoos will be permitted on the hands, face, head or neck. Exception is one ring band on finger.
- Must attend and successfully complete a 12-week MPCTC Entrance Level Correctional Academy.