The primary function of this position is to repair and maintain chemical etch and cleaning equipment. This position will act as a key member of the emergency response team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Display a positive attitude and strong work ethic that reflects the Mission and Core Values of SILFEX.
- Create and maintain a culture where workplace safety is part of everything we do. Provide the safest possible workplace to our employees by modeling and following all company safety policies, reporting any incidents or unsafe conditions immediately to SILFEX management.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Silfex Quality Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and Operating Procedures, as appropriate.
- Execute and model the Silfex Manufacturing System using Lean Manufacturing, 5S, 6 Sigma and other manufacturing strategies to achieve high levels of performance
- Interface with operations and engineering personnel to improve product quality, compliance, safety, reliability and reduce maintenance costs.
- Responsible for having a functional knowledge of all chemical related areas
- Responsible for understanding, diagnosing and repairing automated etch benches, chemical management system (CMS), fume scrubber, ultrasonic parts cleaning systems
- Act as a team leader in spill clean-up and bench repair
- Follow work rules, work independently, be flexible and be willing to perform a variety of jobs
- Perform intermediate to complex preventative and corrective maintenance on all chemical etch and cleaning equipment
- Utilize Leading2Lean to track downtime, spare parts, projects, PM and other tasks.
- Carry out special projects and all other appropriate and reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Properly handle materials.
- Ensure the shop and chemical work areas are clean and orderly using 5S concepts.
- Implement improvements to work area and processes.
- Act as a key member of the facility emergency response team.
- Subject to call-in during off-shift and weekends as needed.
- Attend specialized training and cross train on the job for all maintenance activities plant wide.
Minimum experience or requirements: No PDF*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a general education degree (GED).
- Must have 2+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have prior knowledge of working with hazardous chemicals. This experience must be recent - within the last 5 years.
- Must be able to successfully complete a respirator physical and become certified in respirator use.
- Prior knowledge of clean room, electrical power, and electronic control system experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team environment.
- Must be able to pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to perform successfully under minimum supervision.
- Must be able to operate powered industrial equipment (forklift, scissor lift, powered walk behind).
- Test Equipment
- Hand tools
- Powered industrial equipment