The Laborer will perform work of a manual, routine and repetitive nature under general supervision and assist with scale.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Loads and unloads materials from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers by hand, truck, hi-lo or other equipment.
- Moves heavy objects (20 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less).
- Moves light objects (less than 20 pounds) long distances (more than 20 feet).
- Bends or stoops repeatedly or continually over time (i.e., picks up trash from road side, works in confined area’s).
- Works in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
- Shovels material, such as dirt, mud, and ice from production equipment; requires lifting arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws loose mud/dirt overhead with a shovel).
- Sorts a variety of recycled materials and metals to separate out high-grade metals, such as copper, brass, and aluminum, and removes any non-conforming materials.
- Climbs ladders or steps to reach objects.
- Understands and follows verbal and written communications.
- Works cooperatively with other employees and the public.
- Weigh inbound and outbound trucks, rail cars and peddlers.
- Operate scale computer system.
- Pay customers and issue receipts properly for loads.
- Answer customer questions regarding material and pricing as needed.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- High school graduate;
- Good computer skills;
- Previous experience preferred;
- Good math skills.
- Able to pass required background check, physical and drug screening.
Apply online at www.soave.com/careers/