Hey there! I am in the process of searching for work in Richmond so that I can relocate to be closer to family. My current position will be ending soon and I feel this is an opportune time to make a move before starting a new chapter of my career. I have between two and a half and three years of hands on laboratory experience in chemistry and microbiology work. At my current position I also handle the calibration, quality control, troubleshooting, and maintenance for my machine so I have a good understanding of the procedures needed to upkeep equipment. I am looking for another hands on laboratory position and although my experience is mainly medical, I would like to transition into environmental testing.
Jul 2016 - Feb 2018
Neurology & Pain Center
- Specimen Accessioning: verifying and entering patient data into PRS software.
- Run high complexity chemical drug tests on urine samples using Indiko Plus.
- Perform Calibration, Quality Control, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting on Indiko Plus.
- Order/Stock all materials needed to complete tasks.
- Check results against patient charts to check for correct medicine use.
Customer Service Representative
Mar 2014 - Jul 2015
Teletech Holdings, Inc
- Assisted Bank of America customers inquiring about their credit cards, deposit, and savings accounts.
- Card: Took payments, reviewed payment methods, interest charges, and rewards program.
- Deposit/Savings: Reviewed available funds, explained fees incurred, ordered checks/debit cards.
Sep 2012 - Mar 2014
Shop N Save
- Cashier: Register, self-checkout attendant, customer service.
- Floorwalker: Trained new cashiers, return to stock.
- Baker: Prepared bread, rolls, cookies, and pastries for sale.
Microbiology Laboratory Assistant
Jan 2011 - May 2012
WVUIT Biology Department
- Prepared pure strain bacterial stock cultures at BSL-2 level.
- Prepared stains, reagents, and growth media necessary for laboratory courses.
- Disposed of waste via autoclave.
- Inventory and upkeep of laboratory.
Bachelor's of Science Biology
Aug 2008 - May 2012
West Virginia University Institute of Technology